Sometimes we need inspiration to get into the Halloween spirit. Bring out your spooky side at events and haunted places in Alaska:
• The Sitka Sound Science Center goes to the ghouls with its Haunted Aquarium and Hatchery.
• Paranormal sightings of a murdered police chief and heartbroken bride haunt the Historic Anchorage Hotel.
• Fairbanks children can fill their sacks with candy at Trick or Treat Town.
• Mad Myrna’s hosts its annual production of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
• In the remote ghost town of Adak, find abandoned theaters and McDonald’s.
• A female spirit dressed in white reportedly visits Hotel Captain Cook.
– Ashleigh Ebert, The Alaska 100