A good #AlaskaProblem to have at summer’s end is wondering what to do with a freezer full of salmon. This National Seafood Month, try a recipe from chef Travis Haugen of Southside Bistro:
• Heat a grill to medium/high heat.
• In a large bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, chopped anchovies, chopped Kalamata olives, garlic, capers, parsley, lemon juice and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Brush salmon with oil, season with salt and pepper, transfer to grill. Cook 3-to-4 minutes per side until medium-rare.
• Serve with tomato-anchovy vinaigrette.
See Haugen at work in “Moveable Feast.”
– Stephanie Plieness, The Alaska 100