The holidays are fun, but they can get expensive. Keep a smile on your face and your money in your wallet with free activities around the state:
• Each Friday through the end of 2017, Anchorage Distillery will host free tours for those 21+.
• On Mondays in Anchorage, head to Tidal Wave Books for Scrabble Night. On Tuesdays and Saturdays at 1 p.m., Tidal Wave hosts Children’s Storytime.
• Enjoy the spirit of the holidays in Fairbanks on Saturday, Nov. 18, with the Quota Christmas Bazaar at Pioneer Park.
• Take a self-guided tour of the Alaska State Capitol in Juneau.
– Liz Baker, The Alaska 100