• Civil discourse: Alaska’s largest newspaper redlines comments on stories. Trolls mourn, the rest celebrate.
• Cruise line seafood: Holland America is the first cruise line to be certified by Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM) for sustainability.
• Government transparency: State of Alaska’s online checkbook is now permanent. A win for citizens.
• Juneau landslide: Incessant rain leads to scary landslide. No one hurt, but structures ruined and nerves are rattled.
• Storm damage: Western Alaska is hammered by a massive storm. On the plus side, communities come together in the aftermath.
• Inmate deaths: Large number of recent inmate deaths raises questions.