Listen before you speak. Social listening can help you make strategic decisions for your company by monitoring conversations related to your industry across multiple platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. These conversations will provide industry insights, a deeper understanding of your brand perception, and unveil overarching trends.
Here are five ways that brands are using social listening to achieve business goals:
1. Gauging brand health through sentiment analysis.
2. Identifying trends and conversations around a certain industry.
3. Observing the competition for product/service development.
4. Finding insights about target demographics.
5. Improving content by finding ways to make it resonate authentically based on current conversations.