Chase the winter blues away and get festive in Southeast Alaska. Here are a few activities sure to make your spirits bright:
• In Juneau, join the Juneau Lyric Opera’s annual Mid-Winter Vocal Festival. Connect with vocalists a week prior to rehearse and join the performance on Sunday, Jan. 6.
• Swing by the Holiday Brass Concert in Sitka on Dec. 22 at the Sitka Performing Arts Center.
• Yuletide 2018 is a month-long celebration in Skagway complete with caroling, bonfires, open houses and a tree-lighting ceremony.
• Watch a Christmas boat parade in Wrangell and Ketchikan, both on Dec. 22.
– Kailee Wallis, The Alaska 100