On the longest day of the year, Anchorage gets 22 hours of daylight. Plan on packing in as many activities as you can.
• Head downtown for the Summer Solstice Festival.
• Watch Alaska’s first responders compete at the Hero Games.
• Go for a run at the Anchorage Mayor’s Marathon & Half Marathon.
• Learn more about the longest day of the year during Summer Solstice at the Museum.
• Go for a hike – Flattop is a solstice favorite.
• Go to a show – there is plenty of live music to be found. Check the schedule at these venues.
Find more events to fit your schedule.
– Kelsey Fiedler, The Alaska 100