Don’t miss Anchorage’s best holiday events:
• Between now and Jan. 1, Hotel Captain Cook brings the sweets at Alaska’s biggest gingerbread village.
• Light up the night with the Alaska Zoo’s annual Zoo Lights celebration from now through March 2019.
• Visit the Alaska Botanical Garden’s Holiday Lights in the Garden for stargazing, crafts, hot cocoa and bonfires.
• Stroll through ice lanterns at the Eagle River Nature Center’s Winter Solstice Lights.
• Ring in 2019 with fireworks at Anchorage’s downtown New Year’s Eve Celebration.