The Anchorage Fur Rendezvous festival is right around the corner. The annual festival is full of uniquely Alaska events that are sure to shake off any remaining winter blues. Check out these must-see events from the first half of the festival:
• Rondy Rotary Beer Fest – Feb. 16.
• Alaska State Snow Sculpture Championship – daily beginning Feb. 22.
• Rondy Carnival – daily beginning Feb. 22.
• Snowshoe Softball Tournament – Feb. 23.
• Outhouse Races – Feb. 23.
• Rondy DASH – Feb. 24.
• State of Alaska Hide and Horn Auction – Feb. 24.
For a full list of other wacky events and festival information, visit: www.furrondy.net.