As the holiday season approaches, the search continues for perfect gifts to share with loved ones near and far. The Alaska 100 has a few suggestions for Alaska items that are sure to please recipients in state and those from outside who want a taste of Alaska!
- Barnacle Foods (Juneau) has a variety of tasty salsas and pickles made with kelp.
- Heather’s Choice (Anchorage) offers lightweight food that’s easy to pack.
- Alaskana Botanicals (Hoonah) makes teas, salves and more from wild plants in Alaska.
- Chugach Chocolates & Confections (based in Girdwood) offers up handmade treats in specialty stores across the state.
– Stephanie Plieness, The Alaska 100