With one of the highest rates in America, too many Alaskans are personally affected by suicide. In 2017, GCI launched its Suicide Prevention Grant Program to combat the issue. The results were so successful that GCI extended funding for 2018.
The 2018 recipients chosen for their ability to address specific community needs include:
• Anchorage School District
• Bethel Community Services Foundation, Inc.
• City of Newhalen
• Juneau Youth Services
• Kenai Peninsula Borough School District
• Maniilaq Association
• My House
• Native Village of Chuathbaluk
• Nome Community Center
• Native Village of Unalakleet
Learn more about how GCI has donated over $200,000 to combat suicide.