PFDs are often spent on big-screen TVs and shopping sprees. But your PFD can also go a long way toward improving the lives of Alaska’s youth. Consider donating part of your PFD to nonprofits that ensure young people across the state are fed, educated and physically active.
Here are 11 nonprofits that support children and education in Alaska:
• Alaska Natural Resource & Outdoor Education
• Children’s Lunchbox (a program of Bean’s Cafe)
• Coalition for Education Equity
• Junior Achievement of Alaska
– Thomas McIntyre, The Alaska 100