This special “Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down” is giving nonprofits all “Thumbs Up” this week:
• #BethelGives: Local community campaign focuses on needs in Bethel and the YK Delta.
• Legal help: Alaska Legal Services Corporation is raising money to help its clients.
• Student power: UAA is hosting a student-run fundraiser to support student success.
• Vulnerable youth: Covenant House will match donations by 5x on Giving Tuesday.
• Family assistance: Beacon Hill’s work to protect children in crisis needs support.
• Medical care: Anchorage Project Access is a physician-led effort to ensure Alaskans have access to quality care, usually for a specific need.
– Sarah Erkmann Ward, Blueprint Alaska