National Pet Day shines a light on the importance of caring properly for pets. It’s also an excuse to give them some additional love and attention.
You don’t have to leave your dog behind to spend time outside, get drinks with friends and enjoy local art. Celebrate National Pet Day on April 11 at these pet-friendly places around Anchorage:
• Shop with your pet at Alaska Mill and Feed or Pet Zoo.
• Sip drinks at Anchorage Brewing Company or AK Alchemist.
• Chains Home Depot, Lowe’s, Cabela’s and Sportsman’s Warehouse allow dogs.
• Introduce your pup to the art scene at Akela Collective.
– Heather Haffener, The Alaska 100