Earth Day is a global event celebrated in over 192 countries worldwide on April 22, but action and consumer changes can happen any day of the year. Below is a list of alternative products and suggestions for reducing waste:
• Bring your own reusable shopping bag.
• Commit to reusable coffee mugs and water bottles.
• Avoid single-serving items. Instead, purchase in bulk and divide into glass containers.
• Use towels and wash clothes instead of sponges.
• Opt for reusable sandwich bags instead of plastic bags.
• Look for bars of shampoo and conditioner that reduce plastic use.
• Swap plastic wrap for silicone wrap.