Coming up on Sunday, March 8, daylight saving time returns, and it can really throw a wrench into internal body clocks. Unfortunately, Alaska isn’t one of the few states that have abandoned the practice. So, to help get through the loss of an hour of precious sleep, here are a few tips to get prepared.
• Catch up on sleep throughout the week/weekend, so you’re prepared for the time switch.
• Don’t nap before your usual bedtime.
• Avoid electronics before bed.
• Don’t drink multiple cups of coffee or tea, especially closer to the evening.
• Create a sleep schedule for the time change.