Alaska is known for its seafood and its chefs who make it a priority to use locally sourced ingredients. Here are a few of our favorite restaurants in the 907:
• Pingo Bakery-Seafood House in Nome is known for its handmade bakery items. Dishes are sourced straight from the sea whenever possible.
• Located in the heart of downtown Fairbanks, Lavelle’s Bistro offers an extensive wine and spirits collection to pair with fine cuisine.
• SALT in Juneau serves up fresh Alaska seafood and seasonal produce.
• AJ’s OldTown Steakhouse & Tavern in Homer offers diners hearty steaks and coastal views of Kachemak Bay.
– Ashleigh Ebert, The Alaska 100