Winter driving in Alaska is a unique challenge that can test even the most experienced drivers on the road. Create the perfect car kit this season and make sure you are well prepared for any situation with these recommendations:
• A small shovel, hands don’t work as well.
• Ice scraper and brush. No, a credit card is not an alternative.
• Flares. With little daylight, these will safely notify drivers in case of an accident.
• Warm clothes: wool socks, snow boots, a down jacket, mittens and a hat.
• Jumper cables – a necessary and cheap investment.
• Non-perishable snacks (don’t want to get hangry).