The dedication of June as Pride Month recognizes the Stonewall Uprising of 1969 (largely considered the birth of the modern LGBTQ movement) and celebrates the past and present achievements of LGBTQ individuals.
Today, Pride is celebrated across the nation and the world. Alaskans across the state have plans to celebrate this June, and thanks to Identity Alaska’s roundup list, here are some highlights you don’t want to miss:
• Ketchikan – Pride Walk, June 4
• Juneau – Youth Pride Party, June 4
• Dillingham – Pride March, June 4
• Anchorage – Queer as Hell, June 9
• Anchorage – Rainbow Run, June 14
• Fairbanks – Rainbow Picnic, June 25