What goes well with dinner conversation? Fun facts about Alaska! Impress a crowd with your Alaska knowledge, or start a lively discussion about the Last Frontier with these tidbits:
• Alaska has more coastline than the rest of the United States combined.
• The top 10 highest peaks in the country are all in Alaska.
• There are about 198,000 glaciers on the planet, and an estimated 100,000 of them are located in Alaska. Only 616 of them have been named.
• If you stay in Fairbanks for three straight nights, your chance of seeing the aurora borealis is around 90 percent.
– Emily McLaughlin, The Alaska 100