Melting snow and bears emerging from hibernation can only mean one thing: spring is here. From wildlife cruises to flightseeing excursions, Anchorage is the jumping-off point for adventure. Stay at The Historic Anchorage Hotel to easily access four outdoor escapes:
• Hike Lake George Glacier near Portage Valley.
• Soar over walrus and bears on flightseeing tours of the Alaska Peninsula.
• Mush on with Talkeetna dog sled tours.
• Watch gray whales on a Seward day cruise.
Make reservations to unwind at the cozy hotel after the day’s activities or stroll through the animated downtown restaurant scene before calling it a night.
– Terri Russi, Historic Anchorage Hotel