Wandering through downtown Anchorage, visitors feel the instant charm of Alaska’s northern hospitality. Strolling through the downtown area on foot is the easiest way to see Alaska’s largest city. Make the Historic Anchorage Hotel your home base to explore all the nearby attractions.
• The Anchorage Museum is home to art, history and a cafe featuring James Beard Award-nominated chef Laura Cole.
• Shop Made in Alaska and Alaska Native gifts at Grizzly’s Gifts.
• Sample wild Alaska fare and sip on craft beers brewed at Glacier Brewhouse.
• Overlooking wooded groves and salmon runs, Ship Creek Trail offers a leisurely hike downtown.
– Terri Russi, Historic Anchorage Hotel