Lately, safety concerns related to ride-sharing apps like Uber and Lyft have increased. These apps offer so much convenience, but they also demand extra responsibilities. Don’t forget these safety tips:
– Verify vehicle license plate and driver’s name.
– Share your ride with someone.
– If possible, ride with a friend.
– Wear your seatbelt.
– Use your phone’s GPS to keep an eye on the route.
– Last but not least, ask the driver, “What’s my name?” before entering the car. This idea came after the tragic death of a University of South Carolina student, who got in the wrong car and was murdered.
– Stephanie Giacometti, The Alaska 100