While planning your trip to Valdez, it’s important to know what essentials are available in town versus what to bring from home.
Here’s a list of businesses open for summer 2020:
• City emergency services are available.
• Grocery stores including Carrs Safeway and Valdez Food Cache are open.
• Restaurants are open for takeout and limited dine-in.
• Fuel up at gas stations like Crowley Fuels and Captain Joe’s Gas.
• Many local gift shops are open.
• Visitors can stay at hotels, B&Bs, cabins and lodges.
For questions regarding businesses open in Valdez, inquire at the Valdez Visitor Center at 907-835-2984 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Madison McEnaney, The Alaska 100