The 2019 GCI Suicide Prevention Fund, administered by the Alaska Community Foundation, will distribute over $100,000 to nine recipient organizations this year, funding suicide prevention programs across Alaska.
• Fairbanks North Star Borough School District.
• Kenai Peninsula Borough School District.
• Kokhanok Village Council.
• Maniilaq Association.
• Native Village of Kotzebue.
• Northwest Arctic Borough.
• Paws for Purple Hearts.
• Perseverance Theatre Inc.
• Youth Advocates of Sitka Inc.
The grant recipients demonstrated suicide prevention strategies and best practices that are customized to address the specific needs of their communities. Over the past three years, GCI has granted over $300,000 to 28 Alaska organizations.