Most of us spend lots of time with our co-workers. What could you do differently to be a better one? Sources from human resource blogs to Reader’s Digest offer tips on how to be a better co-worker.
A few favorites:
– Recognize people’s contributions. Everyone likes compliments.
– Get to know each other.
– Be on time for meetings; it shows respect for other people’s time.
– Don’t jump to conclusions. When an issue arises, take the time to gather all of the information and avoid jumping to a negative, blaming conclusion.
– Pitch in. A great co-worker is a team player.
– Deneen Bloom, The North Carolina 100