An editorial calendar is a schedule of topics for your content. You may create an editorial calendar for owned content, such as media pitches, social media strategy, blogs and more.
Developing a good editorial calendar is a way to ensure that your content is working harmoniously and that your key messages are reaching your target audience.
1. Be strategic.
2. Consider company announcements.
3. Think about community events.
4. Don’t forget to plan for holidays.
5. Pay attention to what people are talking about and engaging with.
Final lesson: Don’t be too rigid. If something important comes up, it’s OK to stray from your calendar.
– Kelsey Fiedler, The Alaska 100