• Child care: New statewide task force aims to address Alaska’s child care crisis.
• Tourism: Alaska’s cruise industry prepares for pre-pandemic number of guests.
• Air cargo: We’re number three. Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport ranks third in the world for cargo.
• Beer hall: Famous, historic bar on Alaska State Fairgrounds will be rebuilt in time for 2023 event.
• Chilly spring: Anchorage likely to see latest 50-degree day in four decades.
• Fentanyl: Spike in overdoses rings alarm bells among education officials.
• Mystery spiral: Gorgeous spiral seen in aurora borealis resulted from exhaust or rocket fuel. What a letdown.
– Sarah Erkmann Ward, Blueprint Alaska