• Graphite One: Graphite development project near Nome receives $37.5 million federal defense grant.
• Dipnetting: Southcentral Alaska fishing tradition feeds families, souls.
• Jobs: Students with the Alaska Native Science and Engineering Program see increased opportunities for federal jobs thanks to partnership with the Department of the Interior.
• Thieves: Challenge Alaska targeted by thieves, who took $100,000 worth of equipment specially designed for athletes with disabilities. A new low.
• Impostors: Denali gift shop owners accused of selling fake Alaska Native art to visitors.
• Salmon prices: No one’s happy about plunging salmon prices in Bristol Bay. Finger pointing abounds.