We love a good Alaska roundup. This one came from our staff members, who suggested the following five hikes that are five miles, perfect for the weekend or after work.
• McKinley Bar Trail is a 4.6-mile trail in Denali National Park and Preserve.
• McHugh Peak in Chugach State Park is 5.7 miles.
• Termination Point, on the peninsula of Kodiak, is a 4.9-mile trail.
• Perseverance Lake Trail just outside of the Alaska state capital of Juneau is a total of 5.9 miles.
• Carlanna Lake Trail is a 5.1-mile trail located in beautiful Ketchikan.