• Survivor cat: Couple whose Juneau home collapsed into flooded river reunited with beloved cat, some 26 days later.
• Graphite mine: Big mine development picks up powerhouse investor in the form of major Alaska Native Corporation, Bering Straits.
• Enrollment: More students are attending schools within the University of Alaska system this year, reversing five-year, downward trend.
• Foreign encroachment: Joint Russia-China exercise sends warships within miles of Alaska’s coast. Anyone nervous?
• Crab fishery: Experts predict another bleak crab fishing season, fishermen brace for worst.
Goodbye! This is the last thumbs up, thumbs down column. Thanks, it’s been fun.