• Alaska Olympian: Seward swimmer is first Alaskan to swim in the Olympics. Good luck in Tokyo, Lydia!
• Spa lovers: Alyeska Resort is building a fancy new Nordic spa. Mountains and massage, anyone?
• Independent travelers: In the absence of cruise passengers, independent travelers are helping fill the gap.
• Alaska breweries: What pandemic? Alaska’s beer industry keeps growing. Bottoms up.
• Syphilis rates: Alaska’s syphilis rates maintain record growth. Gross.
• Standardized tests: APU is the first Alaska university to ditch standardized tests in admissions.
• ANWR prospects: Biden Administration pulls the plug on ANWR’s leasing program. Here we go again.