Did you know September is National Chicken Month? We’ll take any excuse to celebrate local food with these can’t-miss chicken dishes from the Last Frontier:
• The decadent eggs bene-dang at Rookery Café in Juneau switches the traditional English muffin for a fried chicken thigh.
• The chicken and waffle sandwich from Chicken Shack in Anchorage is our kind of handful.
• Filipino chicken adobo at Pangea in Anchorage is a dish we still dream about.
• Celebrate in excess at Wingapalooza on Sept. 15. Yes, you read that correctly – this is an all-you-can-eat chicken wing festival. Mic drop.
– Emily McLaughlin, The Alaska 100