No matter how many times you see it, nothing beats the beauty of the aurora borealis. While planning your winter aurora adventures, check out some ofAlaska’s top spots for northern lights viewing:
1. Coldfoot Camp, Coldfoot – Coldfoot Camp is a great place to stay the night.
2. Chena Hot Springs, Fairbanks – See the aurora borealis in your swimsuit!
3. Christiansen Lake, Talkeetna – Stay to grab breakfast in Talkeetna the next morning.
4. Murphy Dome, Fairbanks – This is a great spot for skiing and snowshoeing, too.
5. Stampede Trail, Healy – Denali National Park and Preserve is just a short drive away from the Stampede Trail.