• Cultural regalia: Anchorage School District updates its policy on cultural regalia for graduation ceremonies. Bring on the headdresses and moccasins!
• Proms and graduations: So great to see proms and graduations back after years of COVID-induced hiatus.
• Political junkies: So many elections on tap in Alaska. First up, June 11 Special Primary Election. Watch your mailbox.
• Avian flu: Dreaded bird flu arrives in Alaska. Chickens, beware!
• Land access: Dept. of Interior takes half of the National Petroleum Reserve – Alaska off the table for development.
• Missing mail: Trailer carrying mail to the Kenai Peninsula catches fire, contents burn.