• Permanent Fund: The state’s most famous investment fund is on a roll, nearing $75 billion.
• Student essays on Mars: Three Alaska students’ essays are among the 155 taken to Mars with the Perseverance rover. Far out!
• Hope for cruising: Rep. Don Young is pursuing a workaround on Canada’s cruise ship ban. Alaska is holding its breath.
• Rogue swan: Injured trumpeter swan finally captured after months on the lam.
• Bear bite: Haines woman survives bare buns bear encounter while visiting the outhouse. Only in Alaska.
• New strain: Brazilian strain of COVID-19 has reached Alaska. Keep those masks on.