• Sharing vaccines: Visitors and friends across the border in Canada are receiving COVID-19 vaccines from the State of Alaska.
• Ferry service: The blue canoe is funded for the next 18 months, meaning travelers can plan their trips with confidence.
• Live music: The Alaska State Fair announces its 2021 concert lineup.
• Construction costs: Pandemic-related shortages are increasing costs of building material. Try to buy plywood lately? Whoa.
• Shrinking salmon: Alaska’s famous wild salmon are shrinking. Scientists aren’t sure why.
• Cruise ship initiatives: Southeast Alaska has been decimated by cancelled cruise seasons. These petitions will make it worse.
– Sarah Erkmann Ward, Blueprint Alaska