The same way that we prepare our homes and vehicles as winter approaches, we must also plan on how we can best support our physical and mental health. Below is your checklist on ways to stay safe and stay strong this winter:
• Avoid the 3 Cs: crowds, congregating, close contact.
• Do the 3 Ws: wear a mask, wash hands, watch your space.
• Check your ventilation.
• Stay home if feeling sick.
• Plan for quarantine.
• Check on neighbors and loved ones.
• Stay active.
• Support your well-being.
• Catch up on preventative health (screenings, vaccines, etc.).
– Elizabeth Manning, Alaska Department of Health & Social Services