• Ironman Alaska: World’s toughest triathlon moves to Juneau in 2022. First time in Alaska!
• FDA approval: Waiting for full FDA approval to get vaxxed? Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine gets official approval.
• Local journalism win: Alaska Public Media receives the prestigious Edward R. Murrow award for its nightly newscast.
• Willow delay: Federal judge orders ConocoPhillips to pause its Willow development project. Time is money, and uncertainty disadvantages projects.
• Salmon returns: Dismal salmon returns on the Yukon River force fish donations to impacted local communities.
• Missing the bus: Surge in COVID-19 cases forces cancellation of some Mat-Su school bus service.